Silo City Medium Format Workshop 2017
Join Capture Integration in partnership with Mark Maio as we host our exclusive Silo City Medium Format Workshop in Buffalo, New York! Our workshop will feature high level Capture One Software and XF Camera Body breakout sessions facilitated by leaders in the medium format and capture generation. These sessions will cater to photographers at every level of experience. If you are thinking about purchasing a new camera system now or in the near future, this will be a great opportunity to test our top tier products in the rustic environment of Silo City! Because this location is not generally open to the public, this will present a unique experience for you to engage with us and learn more about shooting with medium format and technical camera systems.
This picturesque scenery will offer various pallets of both color and textures to perfectly create images with one of our latest digital back camera systems from Phase One, Alpa, Cambo, and Leica. See first hand how the new Phase One XF camera systems will allow you to take control of Focus Stacking, HDR, and Hyper Focal calibration.
- We will have access to shoot rare rusted pumps inside & around 6 acres of historic Buffalo grain elevators & the Francis G. Ward Pump Station… which is one of the largest water treatment facilities in the world.
- You will receive hands-on setup and instructions for a variety of digital camera systems, tripods and portable lighting systems.
Please Note: Due to the hazards associated with abandoned industrial sites, registrants will be required to sign a waiver of liability form before being allowed on the Silo City complex;
XF Custom Setups
- Preprogrammed setups for use in various environments
- Attendees will learn how to customize their cameras for their unique shooting needs
Full System Calibration and Hands On Demonstration
- Focus Trimming and Hyperfocal Calibration Setup
- Focus Stacking and Hyperfocal Use and Advanced Hyperfocal Bracketing
- Electronic Shutter Training with both XF and Technical Cameras
- Capture Pilot Setup and Workflow
- Trouble Shooting with all Phase One and Technical Cameras
- Attendees will learn how to custom tune their XF to their lens and digital backs to render images with the highest possible accuracy
All sessions will end with hands on instructional time featuring a Q&A Session with the XF Xpert.
We will be bring along the industries leading brands for you to test, demo and create stellar images with.
- Phase One IQ3 100 and IQ350 / 150 Digital Backs XF Camera Bodies
- Schneider LS and Blue Ring Lenses
- Alpa Technical Camera and Lenses
- Cambo Actus and WRS Cameras and Lenses
Cost of Registration:
Our workshop price is $999.00 to register please click here.
Courtyard Buffalo Downtown
125 Main Street
Buffalo, New York 14203
Attendees are responsible for lodging expenses. Our room rate is $142.00 per night and is only good until June 20th. The rate also includes in room internet access. Self parking is not included and is $12 per day.
Click Here to book your reservations or reserve your room by contacting the hotel. Remember to let them know you are attending the Silo City Workshop!
Airport & Transportation:
You will be responsible for your transportation to & from the airport. Transportation will be provided from the hotel to the various photographic site locations.
You will be responsible for covering the cost of your meals.
For questions and concerns about this workshop please contact Chris Snipes at 813.335.2473 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Year Experience Review from Mr. Micheal Reichmann:
“All the uniqueness and excitement of shooting in a slot canyon in the southwest, with the convenient location of Buffalo, New York. For anyone who is fascinated by urban decay and architectural monumentality, a weekend shooting at Silo City is not to be missed.”
The Luminous Landscape
Click Here to view on Visual Archaeology Website.