ALPA Lens Shades Extend To All Sixteen Models.
ALPA’s additive manufactured lens shades are now available with all sixteen models.
You will find per lens type two subtypes:
1. Subtype 0 (round) is optimized for the full image circle of the lens, and accommodates sensor shift within the entire image circle.
2. Subtype 1 (rectangular) is more restrictive and optimized for digital sensors up to 40X54 with little to no movement (especially also with sensors of smaller sizes than 40×54).
– Why two types? Obviously the rectangular subtype 1 blocks unwanted light beyond the 67-70 mm which can cause flare as the lens is always collecting the light of the full image circle/angle.
– Why adaptive/3D? The shades are laser sintered and dyed. This process is complex and sumptuous but durable and flexible.
– Pricing? This is not a cheap 3D maker-bot product. The production equipment of our manufacturers is beyond 250,000 Euro per machine.
– Why no cheap, conventional mold product? There must be a reason why the original lens manufacturers do not produce such lens shades at all.
Contact Capture Integration at 877.217.9870 for more information.