Phase One XF / IQ Firmware Feature Update
Phase One has announced Feature Update #1.1 for the XF Camera System and Phase One IQ digital backs. This is primarily a service update.
Capture Integration has tested this release on multiple camera platforms and confirms that this version writes to CF, tethers with Yosemite, and tethers with El Capitan. Please contact our tech department if you have any questions regarding this release.
The Feature Update #1.1 is delivered as firmware divided into two parts: one part for the XF Camera and one part for the IQ Digital Back. The two firmware halves are delivered as “fwr files” and can be downloaded here.
Download full release notes here
The two firmware parts required are:
Firmware for the XF Camera Body 1.06.1.fwr
combined with and one of the following Firmwares to match your system configuration:
- Firmware for IQ3 80MP and IQ3 60MP Digital Back: 1.07.1.fwr
- Firmware for IQ3 50MP, IQ250, and IQ150 Digital Back: 3.03.1.fwr
- Firmware for IQ280, IQ260, IQ260 Achromatic Digital Back: 6.07.1.fwr
- Firmware for IQ180, IQ160, and IQ140 Digital Back: 6.07.1.fwr
This is a service release of the Feature Update #1 firmware, which fixes the following:
1. OS X 10.11 ‘El Capitan’ introduced an issue with tethering via USB3 for the following Digital Backs: IQ140, IQ160, IQ180, IQ260, IQ260 Achromatic, IQ280.
2. IIQ S file format has been temporary disabled on IQ3 50MP, IQ250 and IQ150, due to last minute changes to provide for future improvement.
3. The IXR camera was not supported.
4. XF issues with viewfinder detection.
5. On IQ150, IQ250 and IQ3 50MP the Live View update rate is restored to normal.
The firmware of the XF camera system enhances the core functionality of the XF camera system. The firmware keeps the XF camera system moving forward by implementing new and clever feedback from the market, and it utilizing the camera system hardware with the latest advances to deliver improved stability and performance.
This XF Feature Update #1.1 delivers the latest XF camera system functionality, including:
1. Focus confirmation with the Waist Level Finder shown on the XF OneTouch UI
2. Seismographic monitoring in Low Vibration mode: capture is delayed until zero vibration is recorded within the set maximum delay.
3. BullsEye Level tool on the XF OneTouch UI. This provides easy leveling of the camera in horizontal position.
4. Histogram on XF OneTouch UI.
5. New setup and calibration of the Hyperfocal point.
6. XF Live View focus step from Capture One.
7. IQ language localization of the user interface to cover:
- Chinese (simplified)
8. IQ Digital Back input of copyright information for RAW file metadata
9. General stability and bug fixing